New Smile Procedure® at Smiles by GarciaOur NEW SMILE Procedure® can replace an entire upper and/or lower arch of bad teeth using dental implants and new replacement teeth in as little as one procedure appointment.
- During the New Smile Procedure® procedure with Dr. Garcia, we remove your failing and damaged teeth and eliminate any gum infections. We then place 4 to 6 Dental implants to tightly hold an entire new set of beautiful teeth. You leave that day with a healthy, beautiful brand new smile!.
- Your New Smile is permanently secured and solid, the way nature intended. This solution is vastly superior to dentures. Plus, no more messy denture paste!
- Our New Smile Procedure® allows you to bite, chew and taste your food, speak clearly, and laugh without hesitation.
- The Health Benefits of our Our New Smile Procedure® begin with being able to eat all the foods you love again and include relief from gum infection and constant discomfort.
- Your New Smile Procedure® will help you look 10 to 15 years younger! The New Smile Procedure® corrects your bite by properly positioning your new teeth and jaws so that the natural shape and proportions of your face are restored.
- We offer a range of safe, gentle sedation alternatives to help you “snooze” through the entire procedure. Many of our patients say they can hardly remember anything after relaxing in the dental chair. For those with a high anxiety about visiting the dentist, we provide relaxing pre-appointment medications.
- The New Smile Procedure® is appropriate for nearly anyone who has lost or is losing all of their top and/or bottom natural teeth. Even if you’ve been told you don’t have enough bone for dental implants, we can usually help.
New Smile Procedure® FAQFIND ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT Our NEW SMILE PROCEDURE® DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE! Below is a list of the answers to some of the most common questions we are asked by those considering total smile replacement with our New Smile Procedure® dental implant procedure.
What are Dental Implants?As you probably know, our natural teeth are held tightly in place by tooth roots that are anchored in the bones of lower jaw and upper skull. The tooth root is the lower 2/3 of the tooth and is securely anchored in the supporting bone. However, disease or trauma can cause this connection to fail and the tooth root to become loose. This eventually leads to the loss of that tooth. A dental implant is basically an artificial tooth root that is placed by a highly trained dentist. Dental implants are made of bio-compatible metals such as titanium and are readily accepted by the body. Over time, as the dental implant stimulates the surrounding bone, the bone responds by bonding more tightly to the dental implant.
What is the New Smile Procedure?Our New Smile Procedure® dental implant procedure was developed for those people who have already lost or are going to lose all of their natural adult teeth in their upper and/or lower mouth. Most people faced with this situation are forced to wear a denture. In fact, some studies have estimated that over 20 million people in the United States are wearing a denture. And many more are wearing a partial denture due to the loss of some teeth. The New Smile Procedure® places 4 to 6 dental implants in the upper or lower bones of the mouth (in the same way that you once had tooth roots). The implants towards the back of the mouth are placed at an intended angle. Different dentists give this basic concept many different names such as All-on-4 or New Teeth Now or Teeth In A Day. This revolutionary approach was developed about 15 years ago. It was discovered that by placing the dental implants in this fashion they were cross supporting and immediately able to withstand the stress of biting and chewing. This was a huge improvement over the previous approach which required the dental implants to be left to heal in the bone for between 6 months and a year before replacement teeth could be attached. During that healing period, the patient had no choice but to wear a miserable denture that was often loose and hard to live with. Using the New Smile Procedure® we can remove bad, failing teeth, place dental implants, and (in most cases) attach a beautiful set of replacement teeth securely to those dental implants all in one procedure. The ability to bite, chew, and smile with confidence is immediately restored. As you can imagine, this is a life-changing event. After a short adjustment period, patients come to regard their dental implants and replacement teeth as their own natural teeth. They feel and function just as if you had a mouth full of strong, healthy teeth. However, they look much better! The aesthetics of our New Smile Procedure® teeth are custom designed for each patient and are nothing short of beautiful.
How do dentures work?Dentures are replacement teeth that are usually made from two (or more) materials. One type covers your gums and a different material forms the individual teeth. The teeth are glued into the denture gums, and then the denture is placed over your actual gums. You use adhesive to keep the dentures from slipping when your talk and eat. The materials that dentures are made from are porous, so they attract plaque, food particles, and the bacteria and odor that comes with them. You must also take dentures out of your mouth whenever you clean and disinfect them. Plus, you need to re-apply the adhesive when you put your denture back in your mouth. Most people find this process very unpleasant. And it’s also not very effective. There are three big problems with dentures or partial dentures:
- Without tooth roots (or dental implants) the bones of your mouth don’t receive the stimulation they need to rebuild and stay strong. So, they resorb (shrink) over time. This process can happen quickly and cause the face to appear to cave in on itself. As this occurs a denture gets progressively looser making it very difficult to eat or speak clearly. Patients must go back to the dentist to have their loose fitting denture relined. Then the process starts all over.
- Even the best fitting denture is uncomfortable. If they are tight enough to stay in place, then they are irritating to the gums. And that pressure is also accelerating bone loss. If they are loose it’s very uncomfortable. Biting and chewing becomes difficult and even speaking or smiling becomes a challenge. You never know when your teeth may come flying out of your mouth.
- Most dentures are made from the least expensive materials and they usually incorporate cheaply made, mass produced denture teeth. The color shape and size of the teeth are often to uniform and can look like aging piano keys. By contrast our New Smile Procedure® restorations are stunningly beautiful. They look so natural that most people assume their owner just has a dazzling smile.
Is your new smile procedure® expensive?The New Smile Procedure® is a permanent solution. The cost is certainly higher than a traditional denture. But the improvement in quality of life far exceeds the cost. One should also consider the expense of trying to save your failing teeth over the long term. Not to mention the continual dental visits, mouth pain, and frustration. Every patient’s case is unique, so the price can vary. The only way for us to present you with a reliable all-inclusive quote is to have you come in for a free consultation. This only takes about one hour of your time and will include a CT Scan that is done right in our office. There is no pain involved and you can rest assured that we have seen the very worst dental conditions. We are not here to criticize or judge you. we are here to give you the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve.
Will I be able to eat anything I want after a New Smile Procedure®?Yes! In fact being able to bite, chew, and eat without fear or anxiety is one of the biggest benefits of dental implants. People who have had anxiety about eating out rediscover the joys of a great restaurant. There is also often a big improvement in our patient’s overall health because they are able to eat properly again.
How do I care for my teeth after having a New Smile Procedure®?Those who have had our New Smile Procedure® soon come to regard their new teeth as just another part of their body. Keep in mind that they look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth. So, just like your natural teeth you brush and floss. With proper care your new smile is designed to last a lifetime.
Do I have to take out my teeth at night?No! Your new teeth are securely fastened to dental implants using precision-manufactured screws that are hidden within the dental arch. You never remove it. Only a dentist can access these screws to make adjustments, check the stability of your implants, and ensure the continuing health of your mouth.
Will I be sedated during my New Smile Procedure®?Yes. At our office we use a Board Certified Anesthesiologist who is present during your entire procedure. This makes having all the dental work you need safe and comfortable. The truth is that most of our patients can hardly remember being in the dental chair. Don’t let fear or anxiety about the dental office prevent you from having the smile you deserve.
During his 25+ year career Dr. Arturo R. Garcia has created thousands of healthy, beautiful Smile Makeovers and fixed tens of thousands of teeth. Because of his extensive experience and expertise he is known as “Austin’s Cosmetic Dentist”. Call Smiles By Garcia and schedule your free consultation. Find out how Cosmetic Dentistry, Porcelain Veneers, Sedation Dentistry, Dental Implants and Full Mouth Dentistry can help you get the healthy, beautiful smile you have always wanted. Best of all, you can transform your smile in just 2 visits! Our amazing Smile Protection Policy protects your investment in your Smile Makeover.