Dr. Arturo Garcia understands the importance of a beautiful, flawless smile. When a tooth has become chipped or cracked, it impacts the overall appearance of the smile. Additionally, sharp edges of teeth near the front of the mouth put patients at risk of cutting soft tissues in the mouth, including the lips, gums, cheeks, or even the tongue. Restoration of the tooth is essential in situations such as this.
What can be used to restore the smile after a tooth has been chipped or cracked?
There are a variety of options available to patients after they have experienced damage to one of the anterior, or “front,” teeth. Patients might consider porcelain veneers, dental crowns, or composite bonding. There are many benefits to choosing cosmetic bonding. This resin material is molded onto the tooth and shaped in place. It is then filed down and polished to look like natural tooth enamel. There are many advantages to choosing composite resin over alternative options. This restoration:
- Is made to match the existing tooth enamel for seamless integration
- Is natural-looking when done by an experienced dental professional
- Is completed in just one appointment, instead of multiple visits to the dentist required for crown and veneers
- Is an affordable option that can be reversed or replaced in the future
- Is often covered in part or in whole by dental insurance plans
- Is versatile, addressing other issues such as permanent staining or gaps between teeth
Who is a candidate for composite resin bonding?
All patients can benefit from composite resin bonding in their smile. During a consultation appointment, our team will determine if a patient is a good fit for this or alternative solutions. Our professionals are here to help patients in making an educated decision regarding this and other restorations that can be used for smile enhancement.
Are you considering composite resin bonding for your smile?
Connect with the team at Smiles by Garcia by calling (512) 402-5872 and visiting Dr. Arturo Garcia at 2530 Walsh Tarlton Lane, Suite 210. Our facility is always welcoming new patients interested in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry solutions!